America's Favorite Media Servers!
TMB is exclusive distributor of Hippotizer media servers in the Americas.
Live Design Projection Product of the Year 2013-2014 - Chipmunk
Two 2011 PLASA Rock Our World Awards
Live Design Projection Product of the Year 2010 - VideoMapper
LDI 2009 Debuting Product Award - UberPan
Video of Hippotizer installations and events around the World
TMB is pleased to announce the release of Hippotizer Version 4. Hippotizer V4 represents the sum total of Green Hippo’s years of innovation. With the new software and a completely redesigned, leading-edge hardware package, Hippotizer V4 will premiere at PLASA, followed by the official launch at LDI.
V4 features include FlexRes ultra HD codec, built-in SHAPE 3D visualizer, flexible new output management system, multi-user sessions and a redesigned user interface. Running Windows 8 Embedded, 64-bit OS, V4’s entirely new hardware, with the very latest in SSD, capture and display hardware, will also feature the STRATA Caddy removable drive system – making any show completely transportable.
The V4 starting line-up includes the following units with more expected next year:
Taiga : 6x DisplayPort outputs, 1.2 outputs w/Genlock
Boreal : 4x HD-SDI or DVI outputs + EDID management
Karst : 2x HD-SDI, DVI, or DVI w/Genlock plus 1x DisplayPort 1.2 output
Amba : 1x unlimited resolution output on DVI, HDMI, or Display Port
- Multi-user sessions – Multi-user sessions allow more than one user to work on the same show file at the same time.
- 64 bit operating system and software – Hippo is now running on Microsoft’s latest operating system, making it much easier to use up to date external peripherals.
- New easy to configure output manager – The output manager has been completely rewritten allowing for complete flexibility in routing whatever you want, where ever you want!!!
- Optional 3D or 2D workspace (3D uses SHAPE) – Use Hippo in its traditional state for easy media selection and manipulation or use it in conjunction with SHAPE to make the hardest 3D projects seem easy!
- Removable SSD hard drives (Strata caddy system) – You can now pre transcode content and carry your own hard drives without the need of owning a Hippo product. Offline transcoding software will allow you to transcode media on any PC.
- Mixes!!! The ability to route layers to different resolutions across any output on the fly!
- Projector auto calibration – You will now be able to align your projectors from your 3D space to your real space in a few clicks of the mouse!
- Native workflow through Adobe After Effects – Hippo will now allow a live After Effects plug in allowing you to directly import into the Hippo Software!
- Virtual outputs, this allows you to configure a whole show with multiple outputs on one machine without the need for multiple machines.
- Splitters now recognized as individual outputs not a Split canvas. So for example the AMBA base model can be an independent 4 output machine!
- Visualizer is photo realistic quality.
- Input options available on all machines.
- Flexible Dynamic Zookeeper Interface enables complete configurability for any user.
- Professional Audio Inputs and Outputs.
- Genlock available on all Platforms.
- More Codec options. FlexRes.
- Hardware well laid out easy to set up.
- SHAPE and FlexRes plug-ins for After-Effects and other graphics programs will allow content creators to render directly into Hippo.
Please note that . . .
- V4 software can only run on V4 hardware – V4 will not be able to run on any existing V3 hardware.
- Green Hippo will be offering an upgrade program through TMB, for current V3 Hippotizer owners to upgrade to V4 Hardware and Software.
- V4 machines will run V3 compatibility mode with the final version of V3; V3.2.4. V3.2.4 will be the final V3 release.
4 models for a variety of applications
NEW! Green Hippo’s FlexRes! The new codec everyone has been waiting for!
- Higher than 4K resolution
- Resolution flexibility – Encode and playback clips at any aspect ratio
- Alpha transparency -- Supports Alpha channel transparency to any resolution.
- Selectable color subsampling – Choose: 4:2:0, 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 color space at time of encoding. 4:4:4 provides visually perfect color reproduction.
- I-Frame decoding – Faster, cleaner Play head-scrubbing. High-speed playback (greater than 250%) is improved compared with MPEG-2. Reverse playback as smooth as Forward playback.
- Faster encoding – Two to three times faster than with MPEG-2.
- And much more!!
Green Hippo has done it again with the finest codec worthy of the name Green Hippo, makers of Hippotizer, “America’s Favorite Media Servers.”
V4 Technical Sheets
V3 Technical Sheets
Hippotizers in action at Super Bowl XLVI halftime show
Hippotizers in action at Super Bowl XLIV halftime show
3D Mapping Projection Examples
Follow this link to a separate page
Training & Tutorials
Hippotizer v3.2.2 released
Release Notes Summary
Download the latest Hippotizer Software from our FTP server
(Contact your TMB salesperson or TMB tech support for login credentials)
Opens a separate website in a new window
Manufacturer Website: www.green-hippo.com
Pricing is POA.
Contact TMB Sales for a price quote