Red Hot Chili Peppers Brighten Venues Worldwide with Solaris Flare
- Created on Thursday, 16 March 2017 12:48
- Written by TMB
In a bid for the title “The hardest working band in show biz,” the Red Hot Chili Peppers have 52 dates booked for The Getaway tour across the US, Canada, Europe, and Latin America. Such a rigorous schedule requires rugged and reliable lighting fixtures, which is one of the reasons why the tour’s lighting rig features the Solaris Flare.
“We have 22 Flares arrayed on moving torms across the backline, 11 of them with two Flares each,” says the tour’s programmer Leif Dixon. “The Flares are great because they’re bright, bright, and bright! We also use four more on the deck as shin-busters. They don’t get as hot as conventional lights, which can be disappointing if you’re looking to heat up tacos like we used to do with the old-fashioned lights.”
FloppyFlex LED Neon Tours with Adele
- Created on Thursday, 09 March 2017 12:48
- Written by TMB
Grammy-laden Londoner Adele debuts her new stadium show this month on a six-city tour of Australia and New Zealand, to be continued in the UK in June. The opening in Perth broke records with 65,000 in ticket sales for a single night. Anyone fortunate enough to attend one of these sold-out shows cannot miss 285 meters of Firefly FloppyFlex LED neon lining the star’s surround-walk in the 360˚ in-the-round production.
“This is Adele’s first arena tour and the design is stunning,” says Firefly Founding Director, Heath Williamson. “Everything is traditionally lit for a warm, classic tungsten look. The FloppyFlex RGB is mixed for warm and cool whites, as well as the occasional red – all done with the greatest taste. Double runs of FloppyFlex coupled together render them even more impressive than usual, whether from the upper rows of the stadium or even the news chopper flying overhead! The programming is some of the most tasteful, elegant use of the product we’ve seen to date.”
Solaris Flares Tour the World with Coldplay and Kings of Leon
- Created on Thursday, 02 March 2017 12:48
- Written by TMB
Coldplay’s Head Full of Dreams tour will commence its Asian stadium leg later this month. The tour has already made history by selling out 100,000 seats in Singapore. At the same time, Kings of Leon is winding up their UK tour and heading for America. What do the Southern rockers from Nashville have in common with the cerebral London band, each heading to opposite ends of the globe? Paul Normandale of Lite Alternative Design is production designer for both tours and Solaris Flare is his LED fixture of choice.
- Dream Theater Tours Europe with Solaris Flares
- TMB Celebrates the Life of Tommy Stephenson, 1963-2017
- TMB’s Grant Dunn Accepts Position at Electrosonic, Inc.
- New Linear Flare Fixtures Blast NBC’s World of Dance
- Solaris Flare IP Lights Sculpture Sur la Mer
- Solaris Flare Q+ LR Makes Concert Debut on The Weeknd World Tour
- Solaris Mozarts join Wonderama on TV
- Solaris SoLED – “That’s Our Strobe” says 44 Designs
- Intelligent Marquee Systems Featured at Historic Masonic Theatre in Virginia
- Firefly FloppyFlex on Stage – Five Guys Named Moe
- Solaris Flares on Flume World Tour
- Jim James Tour Features Solaris Mozarts